Who is involved in the audit?
- employees reviewing and verifying collected data,
- management making decisions based on results analysis.
Despite people's involvement in this process, there may be a sense that the traditional paper control form has some imperfections.
What are customers’ main complaints when it comes to control?
- chaos in paper documentation,
- no time to analyze the control,
- no immediate notification of problems,
- lack of information about the time and place of the audit,
- no answers to specific questions,
- no photos or videos showing the problem,
- no signatures of controlling persons,
- problem finding specific audit results after a period of time,
- illegible answers and notes,
- incorrect time and place of survey.
Mobile application - the key to success
An alternative to traditional, paper-based controls is the use of a mobile application.
How is mobile application better than the current form of control?
- work safety,
- minimizing downtime and production errors,
- we collect more accurate and true data (mandatory questions, barcode and NFC tag scanning),
- automatic reports on individual controls and the entire area (basis for decision making and management),
- alerts about irregularities,
- reliable tool,
- built-in control calendar,
- information about the time and place of the inspection,
- all control information is in one place,
- working in offline mode,
- notes and photos from the inspection,
- predefined survey templates.
Mobile application will streamline and accelerate the process of data collection and analysis, which are the basis for efficient and effective decision making based on real data shown in transparent reports.
Minimizing errors resulting from poorly performed controls brings real benefits in many areas of the company. The mobile application is not only a modern tool that will replace a pen and a sheet of paper, it is above all a tool that supports the company in carrying out effective controls, in carrying out analysis and taking further actions.